Without mathematics, there’s nothing you can do. Everything around you is mathematics. Everything around you is numbers. – Shakuntala Devi
At St George’s School, Maths is a creative, fun and engaging subject, with strong connections to our day-to-day lives. Our Maths curriculum develops children to be fluent mathematicians, able to solve mathematical problems, and able to reason confidently using mathematical language. A mathematician needs to be:
• Analytical – able to spot similarities and differences
• Critical – able to identify problems and mistakes
• A problem solver – resilient enough to approach a problem from different angles
• Inquisitive – want to know why, and how things work
• Precise – able to understand precisely what is, what is not, and what is a grey area
• Efficient – able to select and use appropriate strategies to solve problems quickly.