What is the Parent Forum?
The Parent Forum is a group of parents who meet to discuss some questions raised by the school on different topics related to their child’s education.
Parent Forum members are invited to join in the discussions so we can try and ensure we have a wide range of representation; for example representation from mums and dads, different classes, religions and cultures, parents of children with special educational needs or more able pupils.
The Parent Forum is a place where parents can discuss their thoughts and ideas to help us strive for continuous improvement. It is a place where ideas, opinions and solutions are sought.
When does the Parent Forum meet?
The Parent Forum meet once a month on a Wednesday morning at 9.00am until 10.00am. They meet for a number of meetings at the beginning of the academic year. Then at the end of the school year they meet with Mrs Spencer so she can share actions taken by the school as a direct result of the ideas raised.
What are the subjects the Parent Forum discuss?
Minutes of the Parents Forum
|6th March 2017||SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglian and Methodist School||Download|
|21st November 2017||Parent Forum Focus on Supporting Parents||Download|
|7th November 2017||New Consultation and Parents Meeting for Autumn 2016, National Curriculum / Assessment and Reporting||Download|
|12th December 2017||Parent Forum Focus on Supporting Parents – Other Subjects||Download|
Previous Years’ Parent Forum Topics
How well can we best utilise the kid offers of support?
- Discuss skills afternoon suggested by Mrs Collins
- How well have the meetings met your requirements to support you and your child?
- How well have the consultations met your requirements to support you and your child?-What else would be helpful?
- Does the format of the consultations work well? Could anything be improved?
- What aspects of the curriculum have excited and inspired your child?
- Which enrichment activities has your child enjoyed the most?
- What learning does your child discuss at home?
- Are there any aspects of the curriculum that your child does not enjoy as much? Why?
- Has the balance of homework been suitable? (Reading/ spellings/ Maths/ Tables/ Take-Home Tasks)?
Does your child have a voice?
- Do we meet the needs of children with special needs?
- Do we stretch more able learners appropriately?
- Do ‘quiet’ children feel heard too?
- Is your child appropriately challenged?
- Has ‘Treetops’ been supportive for your child?
- What are the best aspects about TSG?
- If you could change one thing what would it be?
- Feedback session
- Welcome/ Parent view/ Skills Audit/ Spiritual questionnaire
- Parental Involvement
- Moral, Social, Cultural Questionnaire
- Electronic Communication
- Parental Involvement / Behaviour
- School Site / Parent staff liaison
- Church School / Wish List
What are the outcomes of the Parent Forum?
The feedback from the parent forum is invaluable in giving the school wide ranging views and feedback on how we are doing as a school for the children and their families. Lots of things have changed following the discussions- a sample of changes follows:
- Parent skills audit to support stronger working partnerships
- More parent meetings to discuss curriculum content e.g. literacy/ numeracy
- Changes to when meetings occur e.g. holding meetings twice; once during the school day and once in the evening
- Work sharing times
- Parent forum newsletter
- Online payments
- Change to photograph company used
- Changes to playtimes
- Information for parents on behaviour and bullying
- Room decoration
Parent Forum Membership 2016-2017
|Parents Name||Child/ren Name||Class||Year Group|
|Mrs Vhoosey||Chair / Governor||Toucans|
|Mrs Stephanie Schapp||Roxy||Condors||4|
|Ms Kelly Billington||Ethan|
|Mr Chris James||Leo J||Condors||4|
|Mrs Alia Khan||Ben||Wrens||3|
|Mr Guy West||Oscar||Wrens||3|